Monthly Archives: September 2013

Fun with c# code – A disabled ProgressBar

I just noticed this post somehow made the top posts list on my recovery blog, so here is an updated version. (Links updated and code repasted; otherwise it is as is from the original.) Incidentally, the code works just fine … Continue reading

Posted in Programming | Tagged , | Leave a comment

SPAM is SPAM

Of all the types of spam comments I hate, those actually deliberately posted by actual human beings, as apposed to spam bots, are the ones I hate the most. That is, posting nonsense links about your very own c# scheduling … Continue reading

Posted in General | Tagged | Leave a comment

Caching in a desktop application using ObjectCache and LocalDB

Last Wednesday I decided to convert my application’s caching from a file-based cache to a database-based cache implementation, mostly to try out LocalDB, which I had never used before. Unfortunately, due to power outages after that, I could only test … Continue reading

Posted in Programming | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Updates to my shared code

I’ve made several updates to my shared code, and the files in that share. I don’t think any of them justify an exclusive post for themselves, so I’m devoting this post to all of them (that I can remember) instead. … Continue reading

Posted in Programming | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment